Tuesday, January 31, 2012

End of January Rambling

I'm not entirely sure where January went! I remember New Year's, and Martin Luther King Day, and a fair amount of running as well. This month absolutely flew by. Tomorrow is February, and I am also halfway through the fourth week of this training cycle.

Week 2 was pretty uneventful, although I ran my first marathon pace run (5 miles) and was mostly successful. I was sick for much of last week, but managed to recover and get my 10 miler in on Sunday. It went well, and I was pleased that my "easy" pace for my longer runs now seems to be a pace that less than a year ago was a struggle for me to maintain in a race.

I'm looking forward to my speed workout tomorrow. I missed last week due to being sick. I actually enjoy speedwork. I think it's weird that I enjoy it as much as I do, because it's definitely hard and at times I hate it while I'm doing the workout. Yet I always anticipate the track workouts, and get so excited when I think about trying to run really fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment